The Salty Dawg Spring Rally to the US departs Falmouth Harbour in Antigua on May 15 to head to various ports on the East Coast of the US or to Bermuda. The Spring Rally is usually a diverse group made up of North American cruisers returning after a season in the sun and European cruisers continuing their “Atlantic Circle” and looking forward to a summer on the Eastern Seaboard. As always, the Spring Rally is a great way to meet other cruisers, and to sail offshore in company.
This year, we are supporting a large group of cruisers who are spending time in the islands volunteering their efforts to help reconstruct the lives of islanders after the destruction caused during the hurricane season. The Spring Rally will accommodate those cruisers who wish to join the rally and depart from an island other than Antigua.
All rally participants will enjoy:
- Weather routing services, both pre-departure briefings and daily updates during the passage by Chris Parker of Marine Weather Center.
- On-line tracking on the Salty Dawg “Follow the Fleet” web link hosted by OCENS.
- Shoreside coordination and communication by an experienced Salty Dawg volunteer.
- A twice-daily SSB Net facilitating communication among the boats in the Fleet.
- A cruise-in-company support system where veteran participants offer a daily (sometimes hourly) resource to others in the Fleet.
In addition, those leaving from the primary departure point in Antigua will benefit from:
- Daily pre-departure briefings by weather router and forecaster Chris Parker of Marine Weather Center with group discussions.
- A Welcome Happy Hour on May 11.
- Departure party at Sushi’s on May 13 and Happy Hour social events. (Those Dawgs who participated in the Fall Rally enjoyed a terrific Thanksgiving dinner at Sushi’s last November!)
- A shuttle to major grocery stores for provisioning.
- Special Salty Dawg Offers at local restaurants, businesses, and marinas (Specifics to be detailed in your Welcome letter when you join the rally):
- Discounts on all meals at Admiral’s Inn, Pillars and Boom. Have lunch at the pool and use the facilities for the day at no charge.
- Special dockage rates at Antigua Yacht Club Marina, Nelson’s Dockyard, and Jolly Harbour (special rates at Jolly Harbor for long term dry storage during the summer season)
- Reduced rates at the AYC marina full service, same day “wash and fold” laundry service adjacent to the waterfront.
- Pre-prepared meals from Sushi’s Restaurant
- Discounts at the very convenient Covent Gardens grocery, located on the road between Falmouth and English Harbor.
- Special pricing for Salty Dawgs on:
- Sail and canvas repair at the A&F Sail and canvas and sail repair loft in English Harbor.
- Beauty services at Tree House Body Shop across the street from the gas station.
- Two liquor stores in town. Premier Cru, on the road near English Harbor, offering free rum tastings to all Dawgs. and Cork and Basket, near the marina. Present your clearance papers and all purchases are duty free.
- On boat supplies at Budget Marine when you present your boat clearance papers.
- SDSA Members – $150
- Non-SDSA Members – $250
- Registration is open for the Salty Dawg Spring Rally to the US!