Once again, the Salty Dawgs will cruise together to Maine. Our third annual Rally to Maine will depart the Chesapeake, on approximately July 10, and Dutch Harbor RI about five days later. ETA in Rockland ME is about July 17.
The Rally to Maine is a great way to travel in company on the offshore passages to Newport and Penobscot Bay, and gain some excellent offshore experience … enjoy the cool weather, beauty and flavors of Maine.
More information about the Maine Rally will be published as it becomes available.
- Chesapeake Bay: Indian Creek, south of the Potomac River on the western shore – Or, in Annapolis
- Southern New England: Dutch Harbor RI – or – Mattapoisett MA
After gathering Salty Dawgs along the way from the Chesapeake to Southern New England, the Rally will cruise-in-company through the Cape Cod Canal and overnight to Rockland, ME.
Following a welcome party at Rockland Yacht Club, a local mini-cruise will acquaint participants with Downeast Maine, after which participants can continue to cruise on their own, and arrange informal groups with other Salty Dawgs for the return back to the Newport area or the Chesapeake.
Day one Depart Indian Creek or Annapolis
Day four Vessels from Chesapeake and near Newport begin arriving Dutch Harbor
Day six Depart Dutch Harbor
Day seven Depart Mattapoisett
Day eight Arrive Rockland
Day nine Arrival Dinner (Rockland Yacht Club)
- SDSA Members – $125
- Non-SDSA Members – $225
- Evening dinners and mooring fees will be paid directly by participants.
- Register now for the Salty Dawg Rally to Maine!
- Your Rally Management Team will review your registration.
- Once you have been accepted into the Rally and paid the registration fee, your Rally Management Team will send you a Welcome Letter. It will guide you through the process of completing the Float Plan and Captain and Crew waivers, outline the passage preparation, and describe the wonderful experience awaiting you in the rally.
- Complete your Crew Waiver
- Let our Crew Coordinator know that you have signed on as Crew for the Rally.