Middletown, Rhode Island (USA) – The nonprofit Salty Dawg™ Sailing Association (SDSA) has announced plans for an inaugural cruising rally from the Great Lakes to Hampton, Virginia. The rally will depart Toronto on October 9.
The new rally is specifically designed to help sailors from the Great Lakes cruise-in-company from Toronto, through the Erie Canal, down the Hudson River and along the East Coast to the southern end of the Chesapeake Bay in time to join the activities for the annual Salty Dawg Fall Rally to the Caribbean, which begin in Hampton on October 26.
Further your sailing and navigational skills, help others with less experience, plus share in the camaraderie and friendships that are unique to Salty Dawg rallies. Enjoy the history and beauty of Upstate New York along the Erie Canal and Hudson River, the majestic New York City skyline and the ocean passage from New York to Hampton.
When you join a Salty Dawg Rally, you can expect:
• Weather briefings, daily forecasts and personalized routing guidance
• At-sea SSB, VHF and satellite communications
• Extensive preparation assistance
• Social events: fun, friendships, frolic
• The lowest possible entry fee with the greatest possible payback