The Salty Dawg Spring Rally to the US departs Falmouth Harbour in Antigua in mid-May to head to various ports on the East Coast of the US or to Bermuda. The Spring Rally is usually a diverse group made up of North American cruisers returning after a season in the sun and European cruisers continuing their “Atlantic Circle” and looking forward to a summer on the Eastern Seaboard. As always, the Spring Rally is a great way to meet other cruisers, and to sail offshore in company.
This year, we are supporting a large group of cruisers who are spending time in the islands volunteering their efforts to help reconstruct the lives of islanders after the destruction caused during the hurricane season. The Spring Rally will accommodate those cruisers who wish to join the rally and depart from an island other than Antigua.
All rally participants will enjoy:
- Weather routing services, both pre-departure briefings and daily updates during the passage by Chris Parker of Marine Weather Center.
- On-line tracking on the Salty Dawg “Follow the Fleet” web link hosted by OCENS.
- Shoreside coordination and communication by an experienced Salty Dawg volunteer.
- A twice-daily SSB Net facilitating communication among the boats in the Fleet.
- A cruise-in-company support system where veteran participants offer a daily (sometimes hourly) resource to others in the Fleet.
In addition, those leaving from the primary departure point in Antigua will benefit from:
- Daily pre-departure briefings by weather router and forecaster Chris Parker of Marine Weather Center with group discussions.
- Departure party and Happy Hour social events.
- Discounts on dockage and marine services.
- Shuttle to major grocery stores for provisioning
More information about pre-departure events will be published as it becomes available.
- SDSA Members – $100
- Non-SDSA Members – $200
- Register now for the Salty Dawg Spring Rally to the US!
- Your Rally Management Team will review your registration. We will be interested in your level of blue water experience and/or your plans to bring ocean-tested crew on board for the passage. We will also review with you the communications equipment that is required for the rally; Each boat must have two forms of communication: Sat Phone, SSB, InReach or Spot Tracker —- all are acceptable.
- Once you have been accepted into the Rally and paid the registration fee, your Rally Management Team will send you a Welcome Letter. It will guide you through the process of completing the Float Plan and Captain and Crew waivers, outline the passage preparation, and describe the wonderful experience awaiting you in the rally.
- Complete your Crew Waiver
- Let our Crew Coordinator know that you have signed on as Crew for the Rally.