Middletown, Rhode Island (USA) – The nonprofit Salty Dawg™ Sailing Association (SDSA) second annual cruising rally to Maine will set sail from the Chesapeake Bay on July 10 and from Dutch Harbor near Jamestown, RI on July 15.
Participating vessels may start from the Southern Chesapeake, Annapolis in the Upper Chesapeake, or near Newport, RI. The Rally will stop in Dutch Harbor and Mattapoisett, MA, then pass through the Cape Cod Canal and arrive at Rockland, ME. Passages from the Chesapeake to Dutch Harbor and from the Cape Cod Canal to Rockland will give sailors a taste of overnight, offshore passage making.
Further your sailing and navigational skills and help others with less experience, plus share in the camaraderie and friendships that are unique to Salty Dawg rallies. Enjoy the beauty, quaint villages, coastal islands, cool weather, flavors and joy of cruising Downeast Maine.
When you join a Salty Dawg Rally, you can expect:
• Weather briefings, daily forecasts, and personalized routing guidance
• At-sea SSB, VHF and satellite communications
• Extensive preparation assistance
• Social events: fun, friendships, frolic
• The lowest possible entry fee with the greatest possible payback
Click here to learn more and register for the Rally to Maine.